WHAT IS PAINTBALL?
- Paintball continues to be one of New Zealands fastest paced leisure activity
- It is a sport/recreation for all ~ young, old, men, woman, fit, unfit ~ everyone is giving it a go and playing so why not take the leap of faith and come have a game with us
- Paintball is played using specialised Co2 powered semi-automatic ‘markers’ or ‘paintguns’
- The paintballs are round, thin skinned gelatine about 1.5cm in diameter and filled with brightly coloured vegetable dye. The paintballs are non-toxic, non-acoustic water soluble and bio-degradable. The paint rinses out of clothing in a normal wash and off skin with soap and water. When a paintball tags a player, the thin gelatine splits open and the liquid inside leaves a ‘paint’ splat!
- When the trigger of the paintgun is pulled, a single paintball is fired from the ‘gun’ at approx 280 feet per second.